[ UK /wˈɪlɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈwɪɫɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈwɪɫɪŋ/ ]
not brought about by coercion or force
the confession was uncoerced
disposed or inclined toward
a willing participant
the act of making a choice
followed my father of my own volition
How To Use willing In A Sentence
- Who is willing to believe that Alexandria is exactly 5000 stadia from Syene, whatever the value of the stadium?
- It had multiple shooters, multiple locations, mobile threats, willingness to fight the first responders and follow-on SWAT/commando units, well-equipped and well-trained operatives, and a willingness to die. Cliff Schecter: The Terrorist and the Terror Watch List
- Over 20 factors were analyzed amongst the DUI attorneys sampled, including whether free consultations are offered, if a lawyer is willing to do 'outcall' (meaning they will meet with potential clients outside the office), how aggressive the defense of the client is, the degree to which each client is offered access to their lawyer, how much time is spent with each client talking by phone or over email, and other factors. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- Unless you're willing to bone up on the subject, you're better off to assess his technical ability by asking for references and checking them out.
- How anyone could have read some sinister intent into those views is indeed puzzling, and illustrates well how those damned Jewshow certain hypersensitive and overly privileged people who feel superior to the rest of the world are willing to cut their own throats for short term advantage by using unjustified charges of anti-semitism to point out how they take advantage of their position in any nation or institution who trusts them so as to benefit their own in group at the expense of that nation or institution. The Volokh Conspiracy » Why Catholics and Jews?
- The institute says that less than 1 per cent of households would willingly pay for the meters if they had a choice. Times, Sunday Times
- If you're not just in love but willing to go through the highs and lows because of that love, then I want people to know they're not alone.
- The work of regulatory agencies was also undermined by budget cuts and a concerted unwillingness to enforce existing regulations.
- If you are a Nature subscriber, or willing to pay the weregild, my short story "Annie Webber" is live there today. Anonymous moves into the real world, calling for flash-crowd style protests on February 10th.
- Whether these positive initiatives will be enough to overcome disappointment on the limited over-all budget reduction will depend on the extent to which the investor is willing to look beyond near-term sluggishness in North American growth. Budget '85 Special Meeting of The Empire Club of Canada