[ US /ˈhwɪtni, ˈwɪtni/ ]
- United States inventor of the mechanical cotton gin (1765-1825)
- the highest peak in the Sierra Nevada range in California (14,494 feet high)
How To Use Whitney In A Sentence
- For example, while acknowledging that Whitney wants us to worship religious monuments and funerary traditions, we may wonder which Church he is referring to.
- Whitney pioneered the idea of interchangeability as a fundamental principle of production, and he successfully applied the principle to a product that must be made with the greatest precision. Mises Institute Daily Articles (Full-text version)
- If the stylist is still alive and well today, it’s only because Ms. Houston hadn’t also tripped over the long train on that gown, but I’d venture a guess that his or her days of working for Whitney are Oh-Oh-Ooooh-Oh-ver. Whitney Houston wardrobe malfunction: Yikes, she really didn't need that... | EW.com
- Neil Tennant, for all his limitations, is one of the most human singers I know, and not in some Whitney / Britney sense that equates humanity with loud declamation of ersatz emotion.
- Hatch rates were calculated by counting the number of unhatched eggs after 2 days and treatments were statistically compared by Mann-Whitney U-test.
- Wisconsin Brewery Tour bells brewery profile cellar series craft fauerbach fresh hops jt whitneys lake louie mbr meet-up news old fashioned pairings point brewery prices pricing rowland's calumet saison thanksgiving thermo refur underage drinking wine altbier aran madden baltic porter barriques beer games best of 2008 Madison Beer Review Presents Beer Talk Today
- Since my first outing with a group called the Tahoe Trekkers, I've hiked in Patagonia, snowshoed in British Columbia, trekked in Nepal and backpacked my way up Mount Whitney.
- As Whitney shows, these off-balance sheet numbers are an incredible three times the size of all on-balance sheet debt, totaling $2 trillion.
- I wouldn't call it a solo career," she says, before revealing that she was listening to a lot of Aaliyah and Whitney Houston before embarking on this dancier direction "I wanted a song that made me as happy as I Wanna Dance With Somebody". In bed with Beth Ditto
- In other words, investors don't see Harrisburg heralding a Meredith Whitney -esque muni-meltdown. Overheard: Big Shrug