- any of several five-needled pines with white wood and smooth usually light grey bark when young; especially the eastern white pine
- soft white wood of white pine trees
How To Use white pine In A Sentence
- Near the end of March, 1845, I borrowed an axe and went down to the woods by Walden Pond, nearest to where I intended to build my house, and began to cut down some tall, arrowy white pines, still in their youth, for timber. Walden
- Select light and airy woods like white cedar, white pine, cottonwood, poplar, spruce or larch (tamarack).
- Sugar maples commonly share the forest with ironwood, beech, basswood, white ash, black cherry, yellow birch, white pine, and red oak.
- I peeked around the large white pine i was leaning against and a bobcat was about 7 feet away mid-step. Hello Kitty: Bobcat Takes Down Deer
- I relocated white-footed mice from high-quality, oak-dominated hardwood and lower quality, white pine forests to novel sites and released them along the ecotone of these two habitat types.
- It began as a vaguely naturalistic sprinkling of spring ephemerals among the ferns, blueberries, tupelos, oaks, and white pines spontaneously flourishing on abandoned farmland.
- We saw a great white pine with a huge stick nest on top, probably that of an osprey.
- The 1850 event corresponds with the date of two intense windstorms and was the only disturbance event large enough to recruit white pine.
- He carves his figures from white pine.
- It is but a short hike through a white pine forest from the top of the ski resort chair to the broad expanse of this high bowl, ringed by sharp summits and sawtooth ridges.