- flag consisting of a piece of white cloth that is hoisted to signal surrender or to ask for a truce
How To Use white flag In A Sentence
- By the close the barricades were down and the white flag had been hoisted. Times, Sunday Times
- Catholicism became the religion of ‘the majority of Frenchmen’ instead of the official religion of France, and the tricolour replaced the white flag of the Bourbons.
- The black and white flag went down, and the race began.
- The white flag was run up;the post had surrendered.
- Hell, why don't you just get on the Concorde and fly your way over to France where you can wine and dine with the rest of the white flag brigade?
- When Hays approached the city, its alcalde came out with a white flag to beg the Rangers to spare the town.51 They did. EMPIRE OF THE SUMMER MOON
- But for most men, a head shave is a white flag in the battle against male-pattern baldness. The Shorn Identity
- He praised the staff for their dedicated and professional service, and presented the White Flag for Leisure Facilities to Aidan Higgins, Manager of the Waterpoint Centre.
- The white flag is a symbol of a truce or surrender.
- Proceedings will get underway and the white flag will be raised at 9.30 pm and it is expected that a large crowd will turn out on the night to enjoy a night of good fun and crack with plenty of money exchanging hands at the tote.