- creeping European clover having white to pink flowers and bright green leaves; naturalized in United States; widely grown for forage
How To Use white clover In A Sentence
- Researchers are now one step closer to unlocking the genetic mechanisms behind four leaves in white clover and fixing this trait for breeding purposes.
- Sand culture experiment, electron microscopy technique were used to investigate the compound effects of nitrogen and zinc on nodule development and ultrastructure of white clover.
- White clover is in flower in the lawn and the bees love it. Times, Sunday Times
- The sheep and cattle all run together on swards, which are predominately white clover mixtures, and Howard told me that the mixed stocking and the highly nutritious clover leys have a big bearing on the way his livestock thrive.
- White clover is an important herbage legume in low input sustainable pastures in temperate regions of the world.
- The wild raspberries, the white clover, and the sea air would suit you to a tee.
- Now red and white clover, medick and vetches flower throughout the summer, shedding a bank of seeds in autumn. Times, Sunday Times
- In Denver, white clover, raoulia (Raoulia australis), mouse ear cerastium (Cerastium ssp.) and pennywort (Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides). Pamper your pet's paws outdoors
- He's also seeded pastures with legumes like alfalfa and red and white clovers.
- Though the four-leaf variety may be best known for bringing luck to its discoverer, white clover is also known a high quality forage, and for its presence as a ubiquitous lawn weed.