[ UK /wˈɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈhwɪt, ˈwɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈhwɪt, ˈwɪt/ ]
- a tiny or scarcely detectable amount
How To Use whit In A Sentence
- A thin veil of fog had rolled in off the bay, obscuring his view and coating the area in a pale gray-white mist.
- Add white soy sauce and milk, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- They could have been classed as ship-rigged sloops-of-war and were built by Thomas Fishburn in 1770 at Whitby.
- Flakes with concavities exhibiting steep, unifacial retouch were used to whittle or plane wood, and flakes displaying spurs were used to incise bone or antler.
- So spake he, and Athene was mightily angered at heart, and chid Odysseus in wrathful words: Odysseus, thou hast no more steadfast might nor any prowess, as when for nine whole years continually thou didst battle with the Trojans for high born Helen, of the white arms, and many men thou slewest in terrible warfare, and by thy device the wide-wayed city of Priam was taken. Book XXII
- Horatia was still in mourning for her mother, and wore a black skirt, but Lucilla's was of rich deep gentianella-coloured silk, and the buttons of her white vest were of beautiful coral. Hopes and Fears or, scenes from the life of a spinster
- The building is dark brick topped by pinky-coloured concrete block walls, white plastic-looking fascia board, black plastic guttering and an artificial slate roof.
- The old, merry Whiting looked sideways at Richard, then the round face assumed an expression of diffident humility for Mr. Hanks. Morgan’s Run
- In some parts, the infection is popularly known as "pinkeye" because it turns the whites of the eyes pink. Dealing with Conjunctivitis
- But more needs to be done with stories like this particular one, if you want to see your hard work come to fruition in ousting George W. Bush from the White House, along with any other of his cronies who have blood on their hands, from George W. Bushâ€ ™ s futile â€˜War On Terrorâ€ ™. Think Progress » 60 Minutes: CIA Official Reveals Bush, Cheney, Rice Were Personally Told Iraq Had No WMD in Fall 2002