[ UK /wˈɜːlɪbˌɜːd/ ]
- an aircraft without wings that obtains its lift from the rotation of overhead blades
How To Use whirlybird In A Sentence
- The turbine ventilator (also known as "whirlybird") is one of the many types of roof vents available, preferred by some because it uses a wind-propelled fan instead of an electric fan to draw heat and moisture out of the attic space. Shaister Miester Do Da
- Latitudes and Attitudes does an all-day heli-hike, starting with whirlybird sightseeing over Haleakala and ending with a 15-mile catered hike from Kaupo Gap through the volcano's crater.
- Prosecutors allege Poole finally told the truth - that she became dizzy and lost her grip on the girl's ankles during a spinning game she called "whirlybird" and Allison fell off a balcony to the first floor. The End of the Story
- The illusion that Murali throws the ball comes from two things: his elbow, which is bent all the time thanks to a congenital defect, and his incredible whirlybird rubber wrists, which describe an arc of more than 180 degrees when releasing the ball. Murali the Magnificent
- Lisa Provence at The Hook put a little elbow grease into the matter, and discovered that the whirlybird is property of the Virginia National Guard, and was dispatched to look for marijuana as a part of “Operation Green Harvest” (which is, oddly, a famous Hawaiian cannabis-eradication program). Twin Oaks Buzzed by Military Copter at cvillenews.com
- Although Monaco is only nine miles distant from Nice - the handiest airport - there is something deeply exhilarating about disembarking from a plane and then rushing toward a waiting whirlybird instead of a boring old hire car.
- This whimsical whirlybird even dedicated the No Doubt-like "Submarine Symphonika" from 2008's Honeysuckle Weeks to "the girl in the bathroom who told me it's her favorite. Michael Bialas: The Submarines Hit Their Target Audience by Sending Love Notes
- He hit the outfield fence on the third pitch, though not with the ball but rather the bat, flinging it like a whirlybird to the warning track. Parents Behaving Badly
- No wonder generals and presidents are so partial to whirlybirds.
- I had concluded that the drainage system was full of mineral deposits that I had scraped off the walls and "whirlybird" that's the official term, from the repairman instructions that came with it! inside the dishwasher. Learning to Fix a Dishwasher, take 2