- embryo of the wheat kernel; removed before milling and eaten as a source of vitamins
How To Use wheat germ In A Sentence
- Soybeans, sesame seeds, whole grains and wheat germ are good vegetarian sources of zinc.
- Look for oatmeal, barley, brown rice, rye flakes and wheat germ.
- There is at least test-tube evidence that lectins in grains, such as wheat germ agglutinin, bind to hormone receptors including those for insulin and leptin and create mischief. Rapid health improvements with a Paleolithic diet | The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.
- The oil is made mostly of silicone cyclopentasiloxane caprylic/capric triglyceride, it is made friendly and moisturizing with olive oil, macademia nut oil, kukui nut oil, grapeseed oil and wheat germ oil. Archive 2006-07-01
- High levels of betaine are found in shellfish, spinach, wheat germ and mushrooms.
- • Vitamin E, also known as alpha-tocopherol, is found in olive oil, almonds and many other nuts and seeds, wheat germ, and soybean products. The Rice Diet Solution
- Other vegetable sources are spinach, mustard greens, walnuts and walnut oil, wheat germ oil, rapeseed oil, (most rapeseed, better known as canola, is GMO contaminated, the same is true with non-organic soy products) butternuts and seaweed. Got Wrinkles? Natural and Whole Food Remedies.
- Vitamin B2, or riboflavin (in green vegetables, liver, wheat germ, eggs and cheese), alleviates eye fatigue by helping to regulate blood flow to the cornea.
- The defatted wheat germ protein ( DWGP ) was prepared by alkaline extraction and subsequent isoelectric precipitation.
- Such breads rank comparatively high in fiber content because their wheat bran and wheat germ have not been removed.