- brown rat that infests wharves
- someone who lives near wharves and lives by pilfering from ships or warehouses
How To Use wharf rat In A Sentence
- The strike taught these wharf rats about power - that working people could get it, and wield it with devastating effect, if they understood that the world depended on them.
- That bum sitting on a heating grate, smelling like a wharf rat?
- I'm the one who always has to get out front and say ‘no’, and explain, and be the lousy wharf rat because they think I'm running a fraud.