- large spotted shark of warm surface waters worldwide; resembles a whale and feeds chiefly on plankton
How To Use whale shark In A Sentence
- August / September: Second plankton bloom of the year, with more reliable sightings of mantas and whale sharks, but visibility can be variable and potentially poor.
- The basking shark and whale shark are killed mainly for their fins and meat, and the great white shark for its jaws and teeth, he said.
- In March and April each year, the rich waters also serve as a way station on the migratory path of bus-sized whale sharks.
- Some snorkellers swam alongside a whale shark, while divers of one boat made their entry to find themselves among a welcoming committee of pilot whales.
- If you watch my microlite video you will see that I saw some Whale Sharks in the ocean and a sting ray. WN.com - Articles related to Jordaan Boosts Bafana's Spirit Ahead of France Clash
- That said, I have swum with a whale shark, then made my way between the sunbeds and parasols on a crowded beach to reload my camera and gone back in to shoot another film.
- There is nothing like the instant gratification of jumping in to find, as the bubbles clear, that a gargantuan whale shark is sheltering in the shadow of your boat, or a posse of eagle rays is gliding by.
- Whale sharks are pelagic, meaning they roam the open sea, and can only be seen along the coast during seasonal feeding aggregations. Archive 2007-06-01
- Despite this distinctive profile, scientists know very little about Rhincodon typus—the whale shark.
- The vessel makes only a handful of voyages each year for up to 12 passengers willing to pay to swim with whale sharks and green turtles. Times, Sunday Times