- the western part after the Roman Empire was divided in 395; it lasted only until 476
How To Use Western Roman Empire In A Sentence
- After the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, European civilization has entered a dark period.
- Increased climate variability from AD 250 to 600 coincided with the demise of the Western Roman Empire and the turmoil of the Migration Period.
- The century of disasters (A. D. 378-476) that befell the western Roman Empire occurred after she had adopted Christianity.
- After the fall of the Western Roman Empire the Franks and Ostrogoths kept up the tradition.
- In the first half of the 6th century Byzantine forces attempted to reconquer the Western Roman Empire, successfully restoring Roman rule in North Africa, Sicily, Italy and southern Spain by the 550s.
- Kupchan utilises some inappropriate historical analogies such as fallaciously comparing the Eastern and Western Roman Empire schism, which was as much about religious power as anything, to the growing friction between the EU and USA.