the modern culture of western Europe and North America
when Ghandi was asked what he thought of Western civilization he said he thought it would be a good idea
How To Use Western culture In A Sentence
- In some non-Western cultures, schizophrenic delusions single out the person as spiritually gifted.
- OTOH I’ve always been fascinated by the massive blind spot in multiculti and PC discourse which refuses to acknowledge the oppressive and discriminatory elements in many non western cultures. Cheeseburger Gothic » Drop your bombs between the minarets, down Geneva way-ay-ay-aaayyy…
- In much of today's Western culture, virtuousness is primarily associated with exaggerated propriety, but in past centuries virtue was of immense importance as a pivotal principle of religious, ethical and political thought.
- But Western culture was very reluctant to authenticate reports of meteorite falls.
- Western culture is based on an idea of an integrated, coherent, solid-state self and on the related idea that we are all equally morally responsible.
- Marshall McLuhan claimed that Western culture would return to the "tribal and oral pattern.
- There exists no single work that traces ambiguity or multivalence through the whole of Western culture; there - fore the suggested readings are arranged historically. Dictionary of the History of Ideas
- Ironically, the history of hair removal in Western cultures has closely paralleled a rise in concern over hair loss.
- In addition, Western culture has a powerful tendency to pull the senses outward, making the practice of pratyahara even more essential for those who want to develop spirituality in their lives. The Sivananda Companion To Meditation
- Globalisation, he admits, does mean 'the importation of Western culture' into poor countries.