- an area between Israel and Jordan on the west bank of the Jordan river; populated largely by Palestinians
How To Use West Bank In A Sentence
- We're all victims of the same policy to dispossess us, " says Muhammad Korshan, a West Bank Bedou activist.
- The congested, hypertense crossing point of the River Jordan, between Jordan "proper" and the Israeli-held West Bank, is to this day known as the Allenby Bridge, after T.E. Lawrence's commander. The Perils of Partition
- Palestinian Authority has launched a new security initiative in the West Bank.
- Any negotiations would be complicated by the rival Palestinian governments in the West Bank, which Abbas controls, and in the Gaza Strip, which is ruled by Islamic Hamas militants who overran the territory in June 2007. Israel Settlement Freeze Ends, Construction Resumes
- We have trailblazers like Sheikha Hanadi of Qatar, along with Waed al Taweel, who I met earlier -- a 20-year-old student from the West Bank who wants to build recreation centers for Palestinian youth.
- A Palestinian stood in front of Israeli soldiers during a protest in the West Bank village of Bilin, near Ramallah.
- Schanzer's language bias is clearly demonstrated when he says that the "United Nations General Assembly partition plan ... endowed the Palestinian Arabs with a state that included an expanded Gaza strip, the West Bank, and much of the northern territory. [emphasis added]" How considerate for sure, to be "endowed" with only portions of your own homeland, while a minority of the population, immigrants at that, is given a majority of the land. Book Review - Hamas vs. Fatah
- If Israel accepts the maximist Palestinian proposals: a state on the 1967 armistice lines, removes all Jews from the west bank, and agrees to have east Jereusalem as the capitol of a palestinian state; Hamas and the 1.5 million Gazans it represents will still want to destroy Israel and Hamas would still wage war against Israel. Matthew Yglesias » Israel’s Irrealism on Settlements
- The reoccupation of all territories previously evacuated by Israel in the West Bank further eroded any modicum of trust left. Alon Ben-Meir: The Arab Peace initiative: Now or Never
- Beyond all the expected political rhetoric, Palestinian kids from the West Bank town of Jenin had played a concert for Holocaust survivors in Holon, outside of Tel Aviv. Karin Kloosterman: Why the Strings of Peace Were Silenced