[ US /ˈwɛntʃ/ ]
[ UK /wˈɛntʃ/ ]
[ UK /wˈɛntʃ/ ]
- frequent prostitutes
- informal terms for a (young) woman
How To Use wench In A Sentence
- In the days of yore when beer in pubs was served only in pints or quarts, the serving wenches had to keep mental tabs on who drank pints and who drank quarts to get it right when collecting payment.
- Of course, it never hurts if a biographer's subject boozes and ... whatever the non-gender-specific equivalent of "wenches" is. ON PARNASSUS FOR 15 MINUTES
- Having done with him I took boat again (being mightily struck with a woman in a hat, a seaman's mother, -- [Mother or mauther, a wench.] -- that stood on the key) and home, where at the office all the morning with Sir W. Coventry and some others of our board hiring of fireships, and Sir W. Coventry begins to see my pains again, which I do begin to take, and I am proud of it, and I hope shall continue it. Diary of Samuel Pepys — Complete 1666 N.S.
- I would there were no age between sixteen and three-and-twenty, or that youth would sleep out the rest; for there is nothing in the between but getting wenches with child, wronging the ancientry, stealing, fighting. Horrible Boys
- He would at least describe the wench who'd clocked him with a trunk.
- May 12, 2008, a magnitude about 8.0 large earthquake has taken place in Wenchuan County at Sichuan Province,China. In spite of the big earthquake, we will not shake the resolve and even bigger rain, we poured immortal love. Without frontiers, Chinese people's love spread in the disaster.
- We have indeed reached some significant milestones around here of late, and it's high time we celebrated with a flagon of ale, a buxom wench or two, and our very first CONTEST on CROM! Archive 2010-03-01
- Covering 20 square kilometers, the Wenchang Satellite Launch Centre will include a command centre, in addition to a rocket-launching site, rocket assembly plant, and a space-science theme park.
- Verres, against whom Tully so much inveighs, in winter he never was extra tectum vix extra lectum, never almost out of bed,  still wenching and drinking; so did he spend his time, and so do myriads in our days. Anatomy of Melancholy
- Affectionate childe: Ha ha. This wench is too interesting.