as something very heavy
she moved weightily
in a serious manner
the speech was weighty and it was weightily delivered
How To Use weightily In A Sentence
- By resisting the temptation to be weightily profound, the story succeeds in telling useful truths with a touch of levity.
- Weightily she is informed that "her ladyship" has tea served sometimes in that part of the garden which is called the rosery, sometimes on the front lawn, and the butler adds the cryptic information, "according as to whether her ladyship desires to see visitors or not. The End of Her Honeymoon
- Thus the antithesis is appropriate in the words following, "But we were gentle (the opposite of pressing weightily) among you" (1Th 2: 7). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible
- Here the viewer looks down on an image of a flower bouquet seemingly sinking weightily , deeper and deeper, into a smooth vinyl surface.
- the speech was weighty and it was weightily delivered
- she moved weightily