[ UK /wˈeɪbɹɪdʒ/ ]
- platform scale flush with a roadway for weighing vehicles and cattle etc
How To Use weighbridge In A Sentence
- When the lorry was taken to a weighbridge it was found to be overweight on the rear axle as well as for the gross load.
- Sources at the town hall also confirmed the yardman, responsible for operating the weighbridge, was sacked after another disciplinary hearing.
- There will be roadblocks around the metropolitan areas and every suspicious-looking vehicle within a 20 kilometre of a weighbridge or vehicle-testing centre will be inspected.
- Bruce, a man of Pickwickian geniality and an alarming orange beard, was showing off his new electronic weighbridge over which a subcolony of Adelies had to strut on their way to the sea. Terra Incognita
- We got back into the van, started up, and trundled off the weighbridge. THE SCHEME FOR FULL EMPLOYMENT
- The new law also applies to petrol pumps, alcohol dispensers, weighbridges, industrial scales, firewood and even rubbish dumped at the tip.
- The weighbridge at the entrance to the dump had been affected by an electrical fault on Friday afternoon last week.
- This paper introduces the components, working principles and system features of the rail weighbridge wagon number's auto-identifying system, and expounds its operation results in the enterprises.
- This tag is used to identify automatically the vehicle and its relevant tare mass, after which the gross mass is determined by weighbridge instrumentation.
- Changing faces Welcome to, our new weighbridge operator.