[ US /ˈwɛɡinɝ/ ]
- German geophysicist who proposed the theory of continental drift (1880-1930)
How To Use Wegener In A Sentence
- Wegener's third main category of evidence was palaeontological.
- The story of plate tectonics begins with the German scientist Alfred Wegener in the early part of the twentieth century.
- What Wegener found at Cape May was the last and best true school of seamanship in the Western world. CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER
- Objective : To analyze the clinical and pathological manifestations of patients with Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Wegener watched the bosun fairly throw them into the Zodiac. CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER
- This study showed that Wegener's granulomatosis was a multi-system involvement disease.
- Appeldoorn will continue to act as an advisor to the management board and will oversee the integration of Arcade into Wegener.
- BUNDESTAG DEPUTY HEDI WEGENER VISITED TURKMENISTAN Chairman of the Bundestag's committee on Central Asia, Hedi Wegener, was on a working visit in Turkmenistan. Новости
- Since Wegener's day, scientists have mapped and explored the great system of oceanic ridges, the sites of frequent earthquakes, where molten rock rises from below the crust and hardens into new crust.
- Travelling under frigid conditions, with temperatures as low as minus 54°C, Wegener reached the station five weeks later.