[ UK /wˈɔːtəkˌʌlɐ/ ]
- paint with watercolors
- water-soluble pigment
- a water-base paint (with water-soluble pigments); used by artists
- a painting produced with watercolors
- the art or technique of painting with watercolors
How To Use watercolour In A Sentence
- Forming the pivot of the exhibition is a large group of watercolours.
- Robert Dossie described three categories of watercolor painting — miniature, the most delicate; distemper, which is coarser, uses less expensive colors in a glue or casein binder, and is appropriate for canvas hangings, ceilings, and other interior decorative painting purposes; and fresco. reference As a technique practiced by the Romans, fresco painting was a subject of particularly interest in the antiquity-obsessed eighteenth-century. The Creation of Color in Eighteenth-Century Europe
- A watercolour by Thundersley-born artist Richard Sorrell has made the collection.
- The jar contains a preserved Pterophyllum scalare freshwater angelfish from the Amazon, and the watercolor artwork in the background is by Agassiz’s illustrator Jacques Burkhardt. Pandas and Man at Harvard - The Panda's Thumb
- More particularly, in the hoodedness of her eyes, she reminded me of Malvina Schalkova, the Prague-born artist posthumously famous for the sketches and watercolors she made in Theresienstadt, and whose self-portrait, mirroring an infinity of sorrow, I first became familiar with when I visited Theresienstadt with Zoë. Kalooki Nights
- Above Dominic's bed hangs the watercolour painting he made as a gift for his twin sister Rebecca and the letters sent to him by relatives and friends.
- Although some experience in watercolour or oil would be of help, it is not a prerequisite.
- Then, using a light table, students traced their enlarged drawings onto good student quality watercolor paper.
- Henry Spencer Ashbee was a senior partner in a silk mercers, a collector of watercolours and a corresponding member of the Royal Academy of Madrid.
- The book contains 53 plates, reproductions of his watercolor paintings from the places he visited.