- any substance that tends to increase the flow of urine, which causes the body to get rid of excess water
How To Use water pill In A Sentence
- Certain "water pills" (diuretics), such as furosemide (Lasix) and hydrochlorothiazide All MayoClinic.com Topics
- For example, low dose aspirin therapy used to address heart attack prevention and water pills such as hydrochlorothiazide have also been known to trigger a gouty attack. Dr. Rock Positano: The Gout: Scourge of the Holiday Season
- For acne or excess hair growth, a water pill (diuretic) called spironolactone may be prescribed to help reverse these problems. Arab Times Kuwait News
- Current guidelines recommend using a "thiazide" water pill, such as hydrochlorothiazide, as the initial treatment for high blood pressure. Medlogs - Recent stories
- Treatment with water pills in post-menopausal women will concentrate uric acid and result in gout.