- a plant of the genus Trapa bearing spiny four-pronged edible nutlike fruits
- Chinese sedge yielding edible bulb-shaped tubers
- edible bulbous tuber of a Chinese marsh plant
How To Use water chestnut In A Sentence
- The filling is a bastard of a mix of crunchy water chestnuts, baby corn, cilantro and ground peanuts.
- Combine with water chestnuts, red pepper, and onions.
- Other rare plants include the sedge Machaerina rubiginosa, the aroid Cyrtosperma merkusii, and floating water plants such as Hydrocharis dubia and water chestnut (Trapa maximoviscii). Western Java rain forests
- Drain the vinegar from the clam and add the sweet pea juice, wasabi, water chestnuts, chili, parsley and sea salt and toss to combine.
- Study on the extraction of insoluble dietary fiber from Chinese water chestnut pericarp by chemical method.
- Orient, the lichi, ginko and water chestnut, and in Italy and India the varieties of the pine nut are used to considerable extent. Northern Nut Growers Association, Report Of The Proceedings At The Tenth Annual Meeting. Battle Creek, Michigan, December 9 and 10, 1919
- Add onion, bamboo shoots, ginger, water chestnuts and boy choy and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Delicate skate in a grainy mustard sauce is bolstered by a forceful bed of savoy cabbage and water chestnuts.
- Point of a white fungus and red dates sugar water chestnut cake.
- It was a feast to eyes of the observer watching people eat baked water chestnuts.