How To Use washerman In A Sentence
- Even the odor of my Calcutta washerman, redolent with the fragrance of castor oil, was too much for my unchastised squeamishness; and as to assafoetida, the favorite condiment of our Aryan cousins, I was so uncatholic as to bring away from India the same aversion to it that I had carried out there. Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science Volume 15, No. 87, March, 1875
- He is the son of a washerman from Hyderabad and working in Maad area for the past 20 years.
- We had this one washerman when I was girl who would constantly steal my knickers.
- Among these twenty-five riddle-stories is The Heads That Got Switched, which describes how a washerman, Dhavala, falls in love with Madanasundari, the beautiful daughter of another washerman, and marries her.
- 'dhobi' or traditional washerman, says he shifted into the area nine months ago because of its ready availability of water supply. Water Conserve: Water Conservation RSS Newsfeed
- The man in green calls himself ‘Gori’ and says he is forced to sit at home and work as a washerman.
- The little forktail does not haunt the washerman's _ghat_ for the sake of human companionship, for it is a bird that usually avoids man. Birds of the Indian Hills
- A washerman from Dvarka, a water-carrier from Jagannath puri, and a barber from Bidar responded one after another and advanced to offer their heads.