- having warm blood (in animals whose body temperature is internally regulated)
How To Use warm-blooded In A Sentence
- Warm-blooded animals are the only terrestrial creatures that live in large herds or flocks or that migrate long distances.
- Rabies is a severe and fatal disease of the central nervous system of warm-blooded animals, including man.
- All cold-blooded animals, all warm-blooded animals and all plants have a place on this Earth.
- Among the animals, cold-blooded forms like dinosaurs would have been affected more than the warm-blooded mammals.
- Tiny, ancient single-nucleated life at the bottom, scaling toward complex warm-blooded air breathers at the top. I Don’t Understand ?
- When the carrier insect feeds on a warm-blooded animal, the eggs hatch and the larva penetrates the skin.
- Any bite from a warm-blooded furry creature must be considered suspect, even if minor.
- It gives me pleasure to draw the picture of those ideal amours which every warm-blooded youth of twenty has at one time or other cherished in his thoughts; to substitute virginal charms and graces for vice and harlotry -- and after the manner of those charming heathen poets who have so often filled our dreams with their fancies, to mingle the anacreontic with the idyllic. French and Oriental Love in a Harem
- Mammals are warm-blooded, furry, have erect stance, give birth to live young and care for them, and replace their teeth only once.
- Better they give their lives for the glory of our race than ever bow and call warm-blooded vermin ‘master.’ LEGENDS OF THE DRAGONREALM