[ US /ˈwɔɫˌnət/ ]
[ UK /wˈɒlnʌt/ ]
[ UK /wˈɒlnʌt/ ]
- any of various trees of the genus Juglans
- nut of any of various walnut trees having a wrinkled two-lobed seed with a hard shell
- hard dark-brown wood of any of various walnut trees; used especially for furniture and paneling
How To Use walnut In A Sentence
- Go for almonds with their skins, walnuts and hazelnuts. Times, Sunday Times
- Clear information boards indicate the location of different types of trees which include Persian, Japanese and black walnut trees, coastal and dawn redwoods, cedar of Lebanon, atlas and deodar cedars, and swamp cypresses.
- Barmbrack (currant tea bread) is a celebration of chestnuts and walnut harvests. Times, Sunday Times
- Crack a handful of whole new season's walnuts, remove the kernels from the shells and halve and quarter them.
- Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food.
- The pieces should be sturdy, worm-free and consider just how will you clean up the mess if you send a slop of beef gravy down that gorgeous burr walnut façade?
- I was drawn to Chicken Satsivi, a Georgian dish, because of the sauce, satsivi, which is a paste of walnuts, sauteed onions, coriander, and garlic, liquidized with a broth and perfumed with cinnamon and paprika. Weekend Cookbook Challenge # 16 - Chicken Satsivi
- We do this by creating innovative flavour combinations, such as havarti, smoked chicken and avocado, aged cheddar, tomato and spicy Genoa salami and brie, green apple, crushed walnuts and watercress. The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed
- A male sex gland about the size of a walnut, the prostate secretes a thick fluid that is a vehicle for semen ejaculated during orgasm.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, radicchio, fennel and walnuts.