cause to become awake or conscious
He was roused by the drunken men in the street
Please wake me at 6 AM.
She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock
How To Use wake up In A Sentence
- These frigging Congresspeople better wake up and see the sun before it's too late! GOP is 'no friend of seniors' DNC says in TV ad
- To wake up with her belly-up and demanding affection is to have your heart explode with the kind of joy that compels some people into a life of large-scale oil painting.
- How much evil is the current government going to inflict on our world before we wake up and boot them out?
- I wake up in the morning and before I even get out of bed, I pick up my celly, go to ESPN.com and check my Padres score. Falling Off the Bandwagon
- What causes you to wake up before dawn with a new idea spinning in your mind? Christianity Today
- Companies need to wake up and take notice of the public's increasing concern with the environment.
- In the not too distant future one morning all her friends are going to wake up to find that her status is six unopened milk bottles. The Sun
- Always a late riser, I'd wake up around eleven every morning to brunch at a deliciously set table where my ‘roomie’, as I called her, would regale me with the tale of her day so far.
- Within ten minutes I was snoozing guiltlessly once more… and I didn't wake up until 11.30.
- I never feel like a screw when I wake up in the morning.