[ UK /wˈæɡən/ ]
[ US /ˈwæɡən/ ]
[ US /ˈwæɡən/ ]
- any of various kinds of wheeled vehicles drawn by an animal or a tractor
- van used by police to transport prisoners
- a child's four-wheeled toy cart sometimes used for coasting
- a car that has a long body and rear door with space behind rear seat
How To Use wagon In A Sentence
- Their dried dung is found everywhere, and is in many places the only fuel afforded by the plains; their skulls, which last longer than any other part of the animal, are among the most familiar of objects to the plainsman; their bones are in many districts so plentiful that it has become a regular industry, followed by hundreds of men (christened "bone hunters" by the frontiersmen), to go out with wagons and collect them in great numbers for the sake of the phosphates they yield; and Bad Lands, plateaus, and prairies alike, are cut up in all directions by the deep ruts which were formerly buffalo trails. VIII. The Lordly Buffalo
- Why aren't more different types of cars - namely hatchbacks, wagons and microcars - more readily available in the U.S.?
- Whilst not the first so to do but well before the bandwagon hove into view, I proposed that MPs expenses must be place in full, unexpurgated, unredacted beauty online as are those of MSPs by the Scottish Parliament. Where The Huntsman leads, the hounds follow
- The soft cushions were so much more comfortable than the hard bench of the wagon.
- When Bobby brought the team to a stop outside the O'Brien's farmhouse, Melinda moved quickly to climb from the wagon.
- And someone of considerable power and prestige like himtaking a career-ruiningride on the "anti-lobby" haywagon is the FIRST STEP in getting our government back .... Obama's First Big Mistake on the Job: Rescuing Sen. Joe Lieberman
- Inside the ‘wagon’ it lay bare except for some crates of different things used for casting spells.
- The use of the bucket and telpher also eliminated most of the objectionable noise incident to the transfer of spoil from tunnel cars to ordinary wagons at the shaft sites. Transactions of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. LXVIII, Sept. 1910 The New York Tunnel Extension of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The Cross-Town Tunnels. Paper No. 1158
- So a few weeks ago, way, way behind the bandwagon, I discovered the Norah Jones album.
- A sport utility vehicle, or SUV is a passenger vehicle which combines the towing capacity of a pickup truck with the passenger-carrying space of a minivan or station wagon.