[ US /ˈweɪdʒɝ/ ]
[ UK /wˈeɪdʒɐ/ ]
[ UK /wˈeɪdʒɐ/ ]
- the money risked on a gamble
the act of gambling
he did it on a bet
maintain with or as if with a bet
I bet she will be there!
stake on the outcome of an issue
She played all her money on the dark horse
I bet $100 on that new horse
How To Use wager In A Sentence
- The pre-selected wagers will go into straight and exacta pools only.
- The epic cricket battle between England and Australia has sparked a deluge of wagers. The Sun
- Of course, all returning players are comped for their loyalty in the rewards program where they earn 1 point for every $10 wagered.
- This year has seen a great increase in online and telephone betting, which allows people to make wagers 24 hours a day.
- Although Mr. Smith didn't fully solo until this last tune, throughout the set his polyrhythmic drumming evoked a movie with four subplots going at once, all of which, I'd be willing to wager, are better than the latest Harry Potter movie, even in 3D. The Sound Way Down in the Underground
- The tide, too, which had hitherto favoured us, now turned against us and drove us to the eastward with prodigious rapidity, so that we were in great anxiety for the Wager and the Anna pink, the two sternmost vessels, fearing they would be dashed to pieces against the shore of Staten Land. Anson's Voyage Round the World The Text Reduced
- In the last two and a half years, 1,463 employees have made wagers with play money (Goobles, as in rubles) on questions like: will Google open a Russia office? will Apple release an Intel-based Mac? how many users will Gmail have at the end of the quarter? 2008 January « TalentedApps
- He acknowledged to no one that this ride was supposed payment for an ill-considered wager. THE GOLDEN FOOL: BOOK TWO OF THE TAWNY MAN
- Delaware can only offer betting on at least three NFL games per wager, called parlay bets. undefined
- I'll wager that when the first-born of Canaan was in the flood-tide of glory, this very gown was worn by one of the most beautiful women in the pentapolis of Philistia. Romance Island