[ UK /jˈuːtəlˌaɪz/ ]
put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
use the plastic bags to store the food
use your head!
Apply a magnetic field here
How do you utilize this tool?
we only use Spanish at home
I can't use this tool
He doesn't know how to use a computer
This thinking was applied to many projects
I apply this rule to get good results
How To Use utilise In A Sentence
- We are particularly interested in the potential of specialisation and disaggregation, nowadays increasingly utilised by better banks worldwide.
- Owing to these qualities they are utilised for prolonged and searching reconnoitring duties such as strategical reconnaissances as distinct from the hurried and tactical reconnaissances carried out by fleeter machines. Aeroplanes and Dirigibles of War
- In Egypt, Lozah recently visited some youth centres in Aswan that are participating in an initiative encouraging girls and women to utilise traditionally male-dominated spaces: Global Voices in English » Blogging About Poverty And Development In The Arab World
- Pedestrian and vehicular traffic is to utilise only the right lane of the north-bound Henry Street.
- For example the boot can take a child buggy and golf clubs, both items lying flat on the floor, between the rear wheel arches, without having to utilise the folding seat facility.
- He will be asked to utilise the pace of Michael Owen in answer to the ferocious, explosive bursts for which Argentina are renowned.
- Such agencies utilise consumer panels, readership surveys and television audience measurement to generate their information. 17.
- Should Dani Alves and Eric Abidal maraud forward the Argentinian would utilise the space down the sides. Champions League 2011-12: A dream team to beat Barcelona | David Pleat
- It is underutilised - all services run with empty seats that could be used instead of driving a car.
- To utilise bulk-buy offers, make double and freeze half for a later date. The Sun