in the habit of or adapted to
accustomed to doing her own work
I've grown accustomed to her face
we are used to better service in this restaurant
in the habit of doing something
...was wont to complain that this is a cold world
How To Use used to In A Sentence
- I used to break-dance really badly. Times, Sunday Times
- A specially designed speculum is used to help direct the injection into the G-spot, with effects lasting around four months. G Marks The Spot
- I used to think the worst feeling was losing someone you love. But, I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment you have lost yourself.
- Flakes with concavities exhibiting steep, unifacial retouch were used to whittle or plane wood, and flakes displaying spurs were used to incise bone or antler.
- And on the need for contempt powers, he recounted how officials at times refused to obey the orders.
- The new technique has been used to identify the sex of foetuses.
- Long drives will no longer be the chore they used to be in a small car. The Sun
- Shakedown analysis is a method which can be used to research the elastoplastic behavior of a structure under variable repeated loads that exceed the structure′s elastic limit load.
- He handled it really well for a man who doesn't have children, is not used to having to think about money and employs a cleaner.
- And maybe she used to be a Democrat (though my experience is that the coverted are always the most rabid). Hilary Rosen: Harriet and her Friend