- an agency in the Department of the Interior that conserves and protects fish and wildlife and their habitats; assesses the environmental impact of pesticides and nuclear power site and hydroelectric dams and thermal pollution
How To Use US Fish and Wildlife Service In A Sentence
- In July, Gabriela Chavarria was named the top science adviser for the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), based in Washington DC.
- According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service: 'The primary threat to the polar bears is the loss of sea ice habitat due to climate change.'
- Jeff Phillips, Environmental Contaminants Coordinator for the US Fish and Wildlife Service, rescues a Brown Pelican from Barataria Bay in Grand Isle, Louisiana.
- The US Fish and Wildlife Service will decide next month whether to declassify the bald eagle as a threatened species.