- the constitution written at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787 and subsequently ratified by the original thirteen states
How To Use US Constitution In A Sentence
- Presidents must swear allegiance to the US constitution.
- I wonder if Obama chose Greece and Britain when he was taking about exceptionalism as Greece was the Birthplace of Democracy, and Britain with the Magna Carta was the birthplace of many of the freedoms enshrined in the US constitution. Prager on the 2010 election
- Attacked!" repeated Wolfe, -- "attacked!" and then suddenly sinking his voice into a sort of sneer, "why, since the event which this painting is designed to commemorate, I know not if we have ever had one solitary gleam of liberty break along the great chaos of jarring prejudice and barbarous law which we term forsooth a glorious constitution. The Disowned — Volume 02
- On the constitutional avoidance canon, that only applies where the statute is ambiguous and there is a serious constitutional question. The Volokh Conspiracy » My Upcoming Notre Dame Speech on the Constitutionality of the Health Care Mandate
- By the reference to "frame of government" Lincoln said he assumed Douglas meant the US Constitution and the framers, the original 39 signers, "their names being familiar to nearly all."
- It mandates a form of involuntary servitude expressly prohibited by the 13th amendment to the US Constitution.
- Africa Dispatch Zimbabwe Suspends Raucous Constitutional Hearings Dinner, Dates & Politics With Somalia's Premier Building Breezy Homes in Ghana Isn't So Easy WSJ. com/Africa: News, photos, graphics Follow @WSJAFRICA on Twitter Crime in South Africa, our adoptive home, is the subject of dinner party conversation in much the same way that the weather was in London — everyone agrees it's bad but there doesn't seem much people can do about it. Africa Dispatch: A Brush With Crime in South Africa
- Are there other examples of the Supreme Court resolving contentious moral questions based on ambiguous constitutional text?
- The US Constitution slows the slither. Times, Sunday Times
- Excessive deference to European modishness can be passed off as many things but not as US constitutional law.