spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers
force or impel in an indicated direction
I urged him to finish his studies
How To Use urge on In A Sentence
- I'm currently leaning towards the Central California coast - what I save in airfare I can use to splurge on hotels in good locations. Tell me where to go
- He warned that unless supply continued to meet demand, prices would surge once again.
- Examples of this correspondence include mollusks on carbonate residuum, purple spurge on gneiss regolith, and cardamine, yellowood, and bunchflower on boulder fields of metasandstone.
- The cruel captain used a scourge on his disobedient sailor.
- Should I splurge on something fun? Times, Sunday Times
- And the big toy chains are hopeful that while mom and dad may cut back on other parts of the family budget, they'll continue to splurge on toys for junior.
- However, stratocladistics does ask hypotheses to be held accountable for the number of separately enumerable and logically independent discordances that they urge on their defenders.
- He sailed like the true champion to recover six places through the race, catching the Argentinian helm with the last surge on the finish line.
- Why do we splurge on a lavish meal but cut coupons to save pennies? Times, Sunday Times
- Sorry I've not yet read The Shifter; I don't have the money to splurge on it atm, and my library doesn't have it. *nags library* Re-Write Wednesday: The Frankendraft