- a story that appears mysteriously and spreads spontaneously in various forms and is usually false; contains elements of humor or horror and is popularly believed to be true
How To Use urban legend In A Sentence
- Also still an urban legend: the "helmet-mounted downblouse cam" - I haven't yet figured out the right aperture & focal length to use. Street Justice: Crime and Punishment
- Forget urban legends about dodgy geezers winding back car odometers using a power drill; that takes hours.
- In stating that the Court, in deferring to private property rights, will be trashing the environment, Wittes is merely repeating one of the urban legends of the statist left, without a shred of evidence. Letters to the Editor
- Urban legend says that he is a graduate of Harvard, the only perfect score of people, in fact, he got a B in the fourth grade, while others are very rare perfect score in order to graduate.
- The sticky nature of these and so many other urban legends intrigued the authors.
- Anybody with a smidgin of web sense will instantly spot that as an urban legend.
- In the closing moments of the clip, the "astronaut" can be heard apologizing to a " Mr. Gorsky , " a reference to a Neil Armstrong-related joke-cum-urban legend from the mid-1990s.
- At first, I thought that this was only an urban legend eggcorn, but of the 359 examples in Google's current index, I found a few apparent keepers.
- An urban legend about a kidnapped, tortured student kept prisoner has unusual connections to a museum exhibition of plasticized bodies and, surprisingly, historical abuses. *The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service — Recommended Series » Manga Worth Reading
- Urban legend has it that the Paramount is haunted by the ghost of a projectionist!