- the peninsula between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan that forms the northwestern part of Michigan
How To Use Upper Peninsula In A Sentence
- The Upper Peninsula, which is 90 percent forested, retains its aura of accessible wilderness. Pure Michigan Travel
- Now, the top half of that system is going to be possibly a snowmaker for the Upper Peninsula, for parts of, say, maybe Upper Peninsula of Michigan and back into Wisconsin. CNN Transcript Nov 29, 2009
- A city of northwest Michigan on the Upper Peninsula and Lake Superior. It is a shipping center for iron ore and various manufactures. Population, 21,977.
- The Upper Peninsula is a pretty big place, but sometimes it can feel pretty small. Bless You Boys
- While Amos often finds himself on foreign turf ("The Upper Peninsula is a great place to visit, but I don't want to die there") and out of his social depth (the German cars in Grosse NYT > Home Page
- The national Tea Party Express tour that winds its way through Michigan in early April has added a twist to their stops in the Upper Peninsula: calling for the defeat of Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Menominee, who was a key swing vote on health care legislation in Congress. POLITICAL HOT TOPICS: April 1, 2010
- Since his first election in 1992, Stupak was one of the most conservative Democrats in the House of Representatives, a moniker encapsulated by his staunch support for gun rights -- not a surprise, since his district covered Michigan's rural upper peninsula or "Yooper," where 60 percent of households have guns (about twice the national average). Robert J. Spitzer: Bart Stupak's First "Profile in Courage" Moment
- In a place like the Upper Peninsula, that is a HUGE possibility for getting lost. Original Signal - Transmitting Buzz
- I also read the online journals of people who'd spent time in Antarctica - though after living for 30 years in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I knew and cold. Karen Dionne: I am Not a Scientist. So Why Do I Write Science Thrillers?
- In 1958, for example, there was universal praise for the building of the Mackinac Bridge which connects the lower and upper peninsulas in Michigan.