How To Use upland sandpiper In A Sentence
- Upland Sandpipers are long-distance migrants, spending the winter in the pampas of southern South America.
- ‘These prairie grasslands once teemed with wildlife like bison, elk, upland sandpipers and bobolinks,’ says LisaYee-Litzenberg.
- The Upland Sandpiper is a black, brown, and white mottled bird with a long neck and tail and yellow legs.
- The area's forests, grasslands, scrublands, and pine barrens will now be managed to protect the public water supply and habitat for wildlife such as whippoorwills, upland sandpipers, and eastern box turtles.
- Shrubby patches of wild plum, wolfberry, and narrow-leaved meadowsweet provide nesting and perching sites for open-country birds such as horned larks, loggerhead shrikes, and upland sandpipers.