a later sacred text of Hinduism of a mystical nature dealing with metaphysical questions
the Vedanta philosophy developed from the pantheistic views of the Upanishads
How To Use Upanishad In A Sentence
- He longs for the revelation of the truths enshrined in the Upanishads.
- The idea that Hinduism is a single unified religion is difficult to justify, since there are many different perspectives (monotheism, monism and polytheism), scriptures (the Vedas, the Upanishads etc.), and practices such as bhakti and smrti (Baird, 1968: 28). The Rammohun Roy connection
- The Kena-upanishad discusses the qualities of the divine essence (Brahman) and the relationship of the gods to the divine essence.
- the Vedanta philosophy developed from the pantheistic views of the Upanishads
- a spondee from a tribrach they vapour about prosody, of which they know nothing, and imagine to be new what antedates the Upanishads. Shandygaff
- Along with the Vedas, Upanishads, and the Brahma Sutras, the Gita is adored as the most important scripture of ancient India.
- According to the Taittiriya Upanishad, food represents the coarsest and last of the five vestures in which the soul is clothed and passes from body to body in the long process of metempsychosis.
- The Vedic period is followed by what is usually termed Brahmanism, the religion that is inculcated in the rituals called Br [= a] hmana and its later development in the Upanishads. The Religions of India Handbooks on the History of Religions, Volume 1, Edited by Morris Jastrow
- The name "Hindu" comes from the word Hindustan, the word for riverland, and the birth of Hinduism was the merger of the Upanishadic and Vedic religious traditions in ancient India. Conservapedia - Recent changes [en]
- In the Hindu Upanishads, the soul's flight in the sky appears as one of the six siddhis or supernormal powers attained by the enlightened.