[ UK /ʌnwˈɪtɪŋli/ ]
[ US /ənˈwɪtɪŋɫi/ ]
[ US /ənˈwɪtɪŋɫi/ ]
without knowledge or intention
he unwittingly deleted the references
How To Use unwittingly In A Sentence
- The war in which little David Gorey had become unwittingly involved was of a different character, undeclared and unrecognized. A MATTER OF CONSCIENCE
- The movement's admiration of non-European art unwittingly offered artists from minority cultures the opportunity to value their own visual traditions.
- None rested quiet or mute for a second, except the one who kept close as his shadow to her father's side, and unwittingly was treated by him less like the other children, than like some stray spirit of another world, caught and held jealously, but without much outward notice, lest haply it might take alarm, and vanish back again unawares. John Halifax, Gentleman
- Blindly, unwittingly, erringly as Dickens often urged them, these ideals mark the whole tendency of his fiction, and they are what endear him to the heart, and will keep him dear to it long after many a cunninger artificer in letters has passed into forgetfulness. Literature and Life (Complete)
- Parents can unwittingly transmit their own fears to their children.
- Although our news media are very remiss in educating the public on the great economic tragedy now unfolding, they do unwittingly disclose some frightening facts.
- They're innocent victims who've unwittingly exposed themselves, whew, sorted.
- BT told her she must have unwittingly downloaded an automatic dialler onto her computer as she surfed the net.
- He unwittingly communicated the virus to fellow guests in the lift or lobby of the hotel where he stayed before going to hospital.
- From all appearances, it seems that Fast-a-thon is an attempt at crypto-dawah — getting people involved in Islamic practices unwittingly, and perhaps only after the fact letting them know that they have participated in a Muslim religious ritual. The non-kinetic 5GW jihad against the US continues « PurpleSlog – Awesomeness & Modesty Meets Sexy