[ UK /ʌnvˈeɪlɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ənˈveɪɫɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ənˈveɪɫɪŋ/ ]
putting on display for the first time
he attended the unveiling of the statue
the act of beginning something new
they looked forward to the debut of their new product line
How To Use unveiling In A Sentence
- Within a few days of its unveiling Achilles was modestly kitted out with a fig leaf.
- Puerisque ',' Marcus Aurelius ',' The Unveiling of Lhassa '-- but the list is rather interminable. The Home of the Blizzard Being the Story of the Australasian Antarctic Expedition, 1911-1914
- One thing he does is get up to a little competitive devilry by unveiling the Google Pack, a parcel of software programs that you can download for free (if you have a Windows PC).
- A day after unveiling his campaign on a new website, Emanuel hit the streets vowing to "hear from Chicagoans – in blunt and honest terms" about what they want from their next mayor. Rahm Emanuel Snubs Pilsen Sit-In Protesters During 'Listening Tour'
- The literal meaning of apocalypse is an "unveiling" or "revelation," and this definition of the word holds true whether we consider St. John's narrative in the book of Revelation or secular chronologies that fit the events of history into a larger cosmic design. The Enduring Appeal of the Apocalypse
- As if on cue, Montag doffed a sarong and unveiling a bedazzled bikini from her swimsuit line as her song "Body Language" was played overhead. Latest News - Yahoo!7 News
- Britain's Labour government outraged the country's bankers today by unveiling a one-off, so-called supertax on bank bonuses. The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed
- Notice the similarity in phrasing between Heidegger and Adorno: they both talk of unveiling Adorno uses the word ent-hüllen, Heidegger ent-bergen, they both imply that truth is revealed by lifting a barrier that prevents it to be seen, but the crucial difference is that for Adorno truth is revealed through a critical relationship to the world, for Heidegger it is purely affirmative. Enowning
- But that membership entitles cardholders to special benefits, one of which was admission to the unveiling of a new special-edition Maserati Quattroporte designed with the Centurion theme. MotorAuthority - Latest News
- Right at the end the reader becomes aware of elaborate setups put in place hundreds of pages back, in anticipation of the spectacular climax - the unveiling of Penrose's best shot at promoting further research into his twistor theory.