[ US /ənˈstək/ ]
[ UK /ʌnstˈʌk/ ]
[ UK /ʌnstˈʌk/ ]
thrown into a state of disorganization or incoherence
price programs became unstuck because little grain was available
a man with a mule got my car unstuck
the gears locked in second and would not come unstuck
How To Use unstuck In A Sentence
- We're here, we're isolated; we were all chosen because, among other things, we were quite incapable of forming permanent emotional attachments and capable of any alliances we liked without going unbal~ anced when the attraction died and the aliance came unstuck. Cities In Flight
- When Richard finally came unstuck over the company in Grasse, the fallout would affect Tim as well. YELLOW BIRD
- AFAIC, mini series like this can remain unstuck in tie, just like its previous chapter JLA Avengers is. Annotations for Trinity issue #50 | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment
- We've oiled the lock, unstuck the door, cleared the vault of leaves and swept the place.
- If the manager is undermined in any way, the arrangement is likely to come unstuck. Times, Sunday Times
- I unstuck a Jaffa Cake from my left cheek and wriggled into a pair of jeans.
- The only possible way I could have seen England coming unstuck would have been if they had allowed complacency to creep in. The Sun
- Rushden are low on confidence but we've come unstuck in games like this in the past. Times, Sunday Times
- Inexperience in dealing with the wilier mandarins of the civil service has also seen more than a few promising careers come unstuck.
- A bit too ambitious, that lad, he'd like to see me come unstuck.