(used of certain religious orders) barefoot or wearing only sandals
- not shod
How To Use unshod In A Sentence
- She stopped as she heard the slow click of unshod hooves on the cobblestone inside the gates.
- ‘Oh,’ Rebecca said, looking down at her unshod foot and smiling.
- Her unshod horse made no sound on the soft, sandy footing, and a little further on she heard voices proceeding from out of the grass. Chapter 22
- It is better for a horse's hoof to be left unshod if possible.
- Thus the small toes of the habitually unshod be come stronger and bigger than those of the habitually shod.
- Vibrations from instruments such as the talking drum or the didgeridoo, or even from foot-stomping dances, may have spoken volumes to distant, unshod listeners.
- All it did was tear the flesh of her fingers and her unshod left foot. THE QUEST FOR K
- Until this time, a primitive plow was arduously pulled through rough ground by an unshod horse with a strap across its windpipe.
- His blood ran cold when he saw the imprint of what looked to be several unshod hoof prints in the few patches of sand.
- Where the sun has hit their lizard skin and dried them from the outside in and stopped the pitter patter din of feet so fine and the unshod shins of what had tried to be Path