[ UK /ʌnsˈeɪf/ ]
[ US /ənˈseɪf/ ]
[ US /ənˈseɪf/ ]
lacking in security or safety
an insecure future
his fortune was increasingly insecure
involving or causing danger or risk; liable to hurt or harm
unemployment reached dangerous proportions
a dangerous criminal
a dangerous bridge
- not safe from attack
How To Use unsafe In A Sentence
- The altitiude sickness and diamox can suppository alkalinization of the urine, decreased melt excretion, and unsafe hypercalciuria. Wii-volution
- We are increasingly concerned about patients being discharged unsafely from hospital. Times, Sunday Times
- The organisers could alter the route if any area is deemed unsafe because of ice. Times, Sunday Times
- The unsafeness need not cause the injury sustained. There need not be any injury; there just need be an unsafe place.
- I was unsafely not, having just separated from my first wife. Times, Sunday Times
- The company's reputation suffered when it had to recall thousands of products that were unsafe.
- Eight is a lot of unsafeness since my last test last July. miss-k2 Diary Entry
- Specifically, sodium selenite is often unsafe at levels exceeding 600 micrograms, whereas selenium from yeast, L-selenomethionine and sodium selenate are generally much safer.
- Enterprise wouldn't replace Melissa's rental car even after a mechanic declared the tire on her current car "unrepairable," and warned that it would be unsafe to drive 400+ miles back to New York from Rochester on a donut spare. Enterprise Tells Post-Op Patient To Drive 400 Miles On A Faulty Tire - The Consumerist
- The FDA labels the practice unsafe, unsound, and ill-considered.