[ UK /ʌnɹˈaɪp/ ]
- not fully prepared
not fully developed or mature; not ripe
fried green tomatoes
How To Use unripe In A Sentence
- We also ordered a cheese platter with three kinds of cheeses (two unripened and one aged).
- Cottage Cheese, also a fresh unripened cheese, generally has additional milk or cream mixed with the curd.
- I like the unripe, slightly salty melon of Vanille Galante, the cold lily note, the almost non-existence of vanilla, the pure, calm water in which the ingredients serenely flow, the pastel colorlessness of it all. Vanille Galante by Hermes: Perfume Review
- Washed spodium (tutty?) mixed with grease, and not of a thinner consistence than dough, is to be carefully triturated, and moistened with the juice of unripe raisins; and having dried in the sun, moisten until it is of the consistence of an ointment. On Regimen In Acute Diseases
- Jacaranda trees sprouting white, unripened buds shaded the water. The Madonnas of Echo Park
- Nevertheless, only squashy banana just has these effect, unripe banana may rise counteractive .
- After Hild had set off, plainly loath to leave Tera—though she seemed oblivious to his attraction—the remaining five had eaten as much unripened fruit as they could tolerate, then taken places around the fire to pass out. Kresley Cole Immortals After Dark: The Clan MacRieve
- Their diet consists of nectar, pollen, flowers, fruits and unripe grains.
- Unripe coconuts provided nourishing liquid for journeys when no fresh water was available.
- The bunches of unripe berries picked from this parasitical climber of betel, palm and mango trees are dried in the sun to become peppercorn, the spice that was valued above all others.