[ UK /ʌnɹˈiəl/ ]
[ US /ənˈɹiɫ/ ]
[ US /ənˈɹiɫ/ ]
not actually such; being or seeming fanciful or imaginary
the unreal world of advertising art
this conversation is getting more and more unreal
the fantastically unreal world of government bureaucracy
lacking in reality or substance or genuineness; not corresponding to acknowledged facts or criteria
unreal propaganda serving as news
ghosts and other unreal entities
contrived by art rather than nature
an artificial diamond
lacking material form or substance; unreal
an insubstantial mirage on the horizon
as insubstantial as a dream
How To Use unreal In A Sentence
- This does not exclude the existence of pockets of the urban population with unrealized homosexual desires.
- Lovecraft dealt not with the supernatural but with the "supernormal," as Joshi puts it -- the unrealized side of material reality. The Lovecraft News Network
- They can sometimes recognize that their obsessions and compulsions are unrealistic.
- Our analysis shows that proposed cost for the new highway is unrealistic.
- It seemed completely unreal, the kisses we shared and how he said he was falling in love with me.
- His St. Petersburg is another "Unreal City" whose wraithlike inhabitants leave hardly a smudge where they've passed. A Master of Technique
- We rode into the clearing and the sound of the river rushing seemed almost unreal.
- This whimsical but dangerous world was depicted in a monumentally epic 15,000 page, single-spaced typed novel, "In the Realms of the Unreal".
- Put them in an arena, live coverage, president vs. prime minister, king vs. emperor, dictator vs. puppet ruler. It'll be like Unreal Tournament, except more fun.
- All unrealizable, save for some supreme moment, did the web of Daylight's personality creep out and around her. Chapter XV