a virtue unlooked-for in people so full of energy
like a bolt out of the blue
unanticipated and disconcerting lines of development
How To Use unlooked-for In A Sentence
- Where the words are singular, to make them plural is the mark of unlooked-for passion; and where they are plural, the rounding of a number of things into a fine-sounding singular is surprising owing to the converse change. On the Sublime
- Where the words are singular, to make them plural is the mark of unlooked-for passion; and where they are plural, the rounding of a number of things into a fine-sounding singular is surprising owing to the converse change. Archive 2010-03-01
- Once, after over a decade of uninterrupted victories which began in 1996 at the age of twenty-one, he was asked to explain an unlooked-for failure in a major championship. 'A Short History of Celebrity'
- They were voiceless, these poor unlucky ones, crawling away with sick white faces, to gather in groups and explain to each other, with stable jargon intermingled with oaths, how it ought not to have been, and never could have been, but for some unlooked-for and preposterous combination of events never before witnessed upon any mortal course. Aurora Floyd. A Novel
- A challenge in which Darth's wife face functioned as his target naturally had given him an unlooked-for advantage. Tallulah Morehead: Survivor: Heroes vs Villains : The Tin-Brained Woodman is Rusty.
- The combination met with no opposition; the government played jiujutsu, and foiled expectations by unlooked-for yielding. Kokoro Japanese Inner Life Hints
- Phoebe herself brought the neatly arranged tea-tray; and the little covered dish of ham and eggs which had been prepared for this unlooked-for visitor.
- But, alas! in the very rush, and storm, and tempest of the unfinishing business, an unlooked-for interruption arose in the person of a great Senator whose power none could oppose, whose right to free and extended utterance at all times none could gainsay. The Story of a Mine
- It is a story of the seamy underside of respectability and conformity, and of the discovery of unlooked-for courage. Write to your MEP - now, today!
- `Now there's an unlooked-for blessing," the captain said, his manners nonetheless courtly. STONE THE CROWS, IT'S A VACUUM-CLEANER