[ UK /ʌnlˈiːʃ/ ]
[ US /ənˈɫiʃ/ ]
[ US /ənˈɫiʃ/ ]
turn loose or free from restraint
let loose mines
Loose terrible plagues upon humanity
release from a leash
unleash the dogs in the park
release or vent
unleash one's anger
How To Use unleash In A Sentence
- Brandt was the impresario who had discovered Carly Simon and unleashed the Rolling Stones on America.
- Lose and the hounds of hell might be unleashed. The Sun
- Liberal proponents of American Values praise the freedom that opens the floodgates to gay marriage and pornography; conservatives, the liberty unleashing that locust plague called unrestrained capitalism; neo-conservatives the license for lying, murderous Machtpolitik. Founding Fathers vs. Church Fathers
- They establish a colony on Ragol but this perfect planet soon unleashes a few surprises and all hell breaks loose.
- He rued that they were hijacking his Utopian concepts to unleash "a free-for-all fucking epidemic".
- Unleashed, she is a maenad: not crabby but sardonic and perpetually restless, she scrambles over the stage, squaring up to several men at a time; she drinks from a hip flask; she wees; she smokes – and she fumes. The Taming of the Shrew; The Trial of Ubu; Our New Girl – review
- When he dunks the ball, he rises obscenely high, rotates his arms in the air as if doing one of those over-the-head medicine ball exercises, and then unleashes upon the basket.
- His entire being had been drained by the immense blast he'd unleashed on the assaulting legions, but Rakael's desperate cry for help had catapulted him out of his repose.
- Although the oil-rich kingdom has escaped the sort of unrest unleashed in Egypt, Libya or Tunisia, there have been signs of domestic discontent over high unemployment, as well as some nervousness that Saudi Arabia's Shiite Muslim minority could be inspired by the protests of their co-religionist neighbors in Bahrain. Saudi King to Return Home as Turmoil Sweeps Region
- It is so relentlessly "sick", its unleashed cruelty so sadistic (the climax is a graphic clitorectomy) that the audience at the premiere booed and hissed. Karin Badt: Cannes Buzz: Which Film Will Win?