[ UK /ʌnlɐmˈɛntɪd/ ]
not grieved for; causing no mourning
interred in an unlamented grave
How To Use unlamented In A Sentence
- He was not a man much given to public displays of angst and he retired largely unmissed and unlamented but he got that one dead right on April 22, 2008 at 8: 06 pm | Reply were doomed Swamp - Feet - Wet « POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG
- We have our heroes and heroines who never allowed that the reverses of the day should turn their fighting spirit into sparkless ashes loaded into an unlamented urn. Address at the ceremony to hand over the Garden of Remembrance Freedom Park
- Now, remember when I said I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I could fit into my foxiest LBD without the late and unlamented tummy being a problem? The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- It had belonged to one of the late unlamented family directors. THE GWEN JOHN SCULPTURE
- Today is the 27th anniversary of our family's departure from the late, unlamented Soviet Union.
- Certainly, it would be impermissible to say that the American Republic is in any sense better than Albania under its late, unlamented, Stalinist leader, Enver Hoxa.
- That did not prevent some journalists from making a meal of a very few incidents while themselves clearly behaving in an obnoxiously intrusive manner or as propagandists for the unlamented Iraqi regime.
- Nay," declared a dumpy figure with big ears and the frenzied face of a maniacal toadfish, "we must work together to defeat the likes of the late and unlamented Susnam Evyndd, may his pure and noble soul lie corrupted and befouled forever. Kingdoms of Light
- I almost fancy I hear a ghostly mocking chuckle from the late and unlamented Stanley Wardley.
- Nothing wrong with that, says Lord Donaldson, the former chairman of the Tories’ late unlamented national industrial relations court.