a factor in a given situation whose bearing and importance is not apparent
I don't know what the new man will do; he's still an unknown quantity
- a variable whose values are solutions of an equation
How To Use unknown quantity In A Sentence
- What does stir my thoughts occasionally is of that unknown quantity divided between performed and unperformed music.
- A conceivable problem for the Solo is its price - ￡39,850 is a lot to pay for an unknown quantity.
- Kerry an unknown quantity to most Americans, but better known Democrats are much in the news.
- Psychotherapy" is a masterpiece, but his psychic equation of _causative_ and _purposive_, with all his mathesis, not only remains unsolved, but leads to confusion, from the false light shed on the unknown quantity, and his failure to indicate the gnosis; the demarcation between automatism and purposive Intelligence. The New Avatar and The Destiny of the Soul The Findings of Natural Science Reduced to Practical Studies in Psychology
- Gibraltar are a bit of an unknown quantity. The Sun
- You must eliminate an unknown quantity.
- The third candidate for the party leadership is a relatively unknown quantity.
- The Mutiny will be a largely unknown quantity.
- To her the outside world was a totally unknown quantity.
- Critical questions about this unknown quantity are being beaten back for now with counter charges of sexism, ruralism, familyism and anything else the McCain camp can throw into the blame-the-media strategy. Peggy Drexler: Big Night for the Republican's New Alpha Girl. But What Now?