any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange
change per unit volume
the dollar is the United States unit of currency
a unit of wheat is a bushel
How To Use unit of measurement In A Sentence
- A nit is a unit of measurement used to describe screen brightness; one nit equals one candela per square meter and the more nits, the brighter the display. Post-gazette.com - News
- The OHM, as a unit of measurement, equals a unit of _resistance_ that is equivalent to the resistance of a hundred feet of copper wire the size of a pin. Steam, Steel and Electricity
- Way back in 1958, the MIT chapter of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity used pledge Oliver R. Smoot to measure the Harvard Bridge in Massachusetts, coining the smoot as a unit of measurement in the process - one smoot equaling five feet, seven inches. Neatorama
- The usual modern method is to use the vertical length of the head as a unit of measurement.
- Japan, of course, uses that oh-so-traditional unit of measurement known as the tatami mat, and the size of a room is always expressed in how many tatami would fit inside, even if it's a traditional Western room with wooden flooring. Anime Nano!
- Ampère also devised a rule governing the mutual interaction of current-carrying wires (known as Ampère's law) and defined the unit of measurement for current flow, now known as the ampère. Ampère, André Marie
- This is the antilog in terms of the original unit of measurement that defines the 50th percentile.
- From there, sizing descendant elements with ems (a relative unit of measurement) becomes much more logical: 1em is 10 px, 1.6em is 16 px, .9em is 9px, and so forth.
- A megapixel is a unit of measurement for the resolution of digital cameras. Everything2 New Writeups
- A number and its unit of measurement are hyphenated if they modify another noun.