- a major depressive episode that occurs without the manic phase that occurs in the classic form of bipolar disorder
How To Use unipolar depression In A Sentence
- And unlike unipolar depression, the depression of bipolar illness tends to be treatment-resistant.
- Among psychiatric illnesses, bipolar disorder ranks second only to major unipolar depression as a cause of global disability.
- Of all the mysteries of unipolar depression, a condition marked by sleep problems to begin with, the most clinically useful may be the paradoxical observation that keeping people awake may actually help them get better.
- The book is also limited by restricting the accounts of personal experience of madness to extreme mental states, such as mania and psychosis, and not mental illnesses such as unipolar depression or anxiety disorders.
- They fared significantly worse on the math part of standard academic tests than teens with unipolar depression and those with no psychiatric history.
- The World Health Organisation has predicted that by the year 2020 unipolar depression will account for the second largest burden of disease.
- In sum, then, individual CBT was the most cost-effective option available for the treatment of depression, and was, therefore, recommended by the researchers as the treatment of first choice for dealing with unipolar depression.
- In this paper we refer mainly to conditions of unipolar depression that are considered severe enough to warrant treatment with antidepressant medication.
- Sleep disturbances and unipolar depression are such intransigent bedfellows that troubled sleep is considered a hallmark of the mood disorder.
- Objective : To investigate the possibility of X - linked dominant genetic model in unipolar depression.