[ US /ənˈhɛɫθfəɫ/ ]
detrimental to good health
unhealthful conditions in old apartments with peeling lead-based paint
unhealthful air pollution
not sanitary or healthful
grim and unsanitary conditions
unsanitary open sewers
- detrimental to health
How To Use unhealthful In A Sentence
- People living in areas that scored highest on the sprawl scale reported the most problems, with the unhealthful effects appearing to disproportionately affect the poor and the elderly.
- It's over-eating, eating unhealthful food, & the lack of exercise which heightens the probability of one getting fat.
- Whole milk adds unhealthful saturated fat and extra calories to a child's diet, he says. Help kids maintain a healthy diet without a hefty cost
- I wonder if the what has driven Baby Boomers, of which I am one, to seek a nanny state, banning all mannyer of "unhealthful" things is what makes them so prone to the Republican fearmongering. Quote Of The Day
- A growing body of research has examined the relationship between reading magazines of this genre and the development of cognitions consistent with body image disturbance and unhealthful attitudes about food.
- For example, companies can have certain employee check the physical environment and prohibit those designs which are in disorder, unhealthful , or excessively eccentric.
- Weight-conscious mothers beware: Counting your young daughter's calories - and your own - may lead her to develop unhealthful eating habits.
- It is to the former that its unhealthfulness is generally due.
- Average consumption of trans fatty acids - an unhealthful type of fat found in margarine, baked goods and many processed foods - also rose.
- That, of course, is unhealthful to begin with, being that it would be comprable to "unwrapped" treats instead of factory-sealed mini candy bars. Healthful Treats for Hallowe'en? It's Sacriholidayous