[ UK /ʌnfˈʌni/ ]
not funny; especially failing to achieve the intended humor
a very unfunny joke
How To Use unfunny In A Sentence
- I was thinking of Mr. Unfunny today before this email convo went down and my exact though of him was that he is "slovenly". wilberteets Diary Entry
- But moments of effective humor are rare oases amidst a desert of painfully unfunny and sophomoric material.
- Such soiled realism would have been unthinkable as Oscar-winning fare a generation ago, but today, to revive an anciently unfunny bumper sticker, you do not have to be mad to work in Hollywood, but it helps.
- It's the most horribly unfunny thing I have ever seen in my life!
- Probably the most effort that went into this tediously unfunny sequel is pondering how much money they were going to make.
- The glaringly unfunny premise in this divorce-court fairy tale assumes that it's gotta be a riot when the king of summary judgments (George Clooney) meets his match in a serial divorcée (Catherine Zeta-Jones) who bankrupts husbands and disbars lawyers before breakfast, right? Mystic River Drifts Into Dark And Deep Waters
- It's just too bad that the movie mixes its messages with mean spirited spitefulness, an inflated opinion of itself and its views, and a mostly unfunny script.
- The Farrelly Brothers are masters of the gross out comedy, but this effort is simply obnoxious and unfunny as it takes cheap shots at race, midgets, albinos and mental illness, along with the usual lavatory humour.
- His early jokes were painfully unfunny, to the point of insulting the intelligence. Times, Sunday Times
- Several people at this fine publication found the article upsetting, in poor taste, unfunny and absurd.